Any questions you may have will be addressed to ensure you have an understanding of what this process involves.
Our program involves:
- an evaluation to assess the impact of your tinnitus
- a thorough exploration of your history with regards to your tinnitus and barriers to habituation
- a hearing assessment (if not already carried out)
- providing detailed information about your tinnitus – this includes an opinion about the possible cause and the factors that affect tinnitus onset, persistence and reactivity
- a detailed and personalised explanation of the peripheral and central auditory system, and your hearing test results
- information on the neurophysiological basis of tinnitus-related distress and annoyance
- a personalised therapy program to support habituation.